How to Lose Weight
At the time of these pictures I weigh 179 lbs. According to the BMI calculator on Runner's World, I'm considered of "normal" weight in relation to my height. When I weighed 210 lbs, just last year, my BMI measured at 27.70; dead center of the "overweight" classification. It was this realization and the nickname "moobies*" that inspired me to change my lifestyle.
My goal was not to lose weight, but to exercise regularly and eat healthily. Losing over 35 lbs was a by-product of the changes in my diet and exercise regimen.
Summer is here and the warm days make it easier to get outside and exercise. Now is the perfect time to start a health kick.
Here are 5 tips that I followed last year:
- Walk 30 uninterrupted minutes a day
- Eat breakfast every morning (oatmeal w/cinnamon or egg whites and spinach)
- Drink 128 ounces of water a day (buy a 40oz Klean Kanteen)
- Cut the sugar (no bread, soft drinks, anything with refined sugar or high fructose corn syrup)
- Sleep at least 7 hours a night
Over the next 20 days I will record the meals I eat and my workout routine. On April 15th I'll post the "after" pictures, report my findings, and offer a PDF if you're inclined to reading more.
BlogsMichael Pollan on my Blog
How to Lose 20 lbs in 30 Days (I followed this post religiously)
3 Minute Breakfast
5 Steps to Hacking your Sleep